Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I have a 6 month old!

Wow does time fly! I can't believe that Brady is 6 months old. I swear it was just yesterday that I was pregnant and dreaming about what my little boy would be like.

I remember those first days when I just keep thinking, lets just get to 3 months, 6 months, things will get easier, he will sleep through the night, he won't cry constantly. It seemed like 6 months would take forever to get to but it really didn't. And things did get better. I am back to getting sleep at night and am lucky to spend my days with the worlds most precious little man. I wish that I could just press pause on him for right now. He is a much happier baby now and I don't really want him to get any older! He is so close to crawling it's scary! He's getting up on his knees now but doesn't really get that he should move his legs when he's up. I love watching him get closer day after day and seeing the things he's accomplishing blows me away. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with him and get to see everything he's learning to do, get to watch every reaction to new foods, and to enjoy the silly and the lazy times together. I honestly couldn't imagine it any other way. Brady had his 6 month checkup and he was 17 lbs, 4 oz and 26.25 inches. He was 50% for both. This is more accurate because I was able to get in 2 days after he turned 6 months, versus last time when he was almost 5 months, which is why I think he was in the 90th percentile for height and weight! He's very healthy and the doctor was impressed again by his strength and his ability to concentrate on objects. Since people know I'm big on half birthdays, Brady got his own toy cell phone for his half birthday and he loves it. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it in his next post.

Looking back:

Birth

1 month


2 months



3 months




4 months


5 months

6 months


He's gotten so big! Brady had his 6 month pictures and he wasn't the happiest baby ever, but we managed to get some cute fall pictures in there. We're getting our family pictures taken this weekend so hopefully he's our smiley boy! We were very excited this past weekend to carve pumpkins for the first time with Brady. I remember last year being pregnant thinking, I'm going to have a 6 month old at this time next year! I couldn't even fathom what that was going to be like! I'm very excited for this weekend. Brian has been gone since Sunday doing the advanced portion of his survival training and will be back on Saturday. We have family pictures, and then we are hosting a Halloween party. Halloween is probably my second favorite holiday, close behind Christmas. I can't tell you what our costumes are going to be, you'll just have to stay tuned! :) We plan on going trick or treating around our neighborhood early so we can meet some of the neighbors we haven't met yet, and then are looking forward to handing out candy for the first time at our new house! Busy weekend with lots of pictures!
Here are some pictures from our pumpkin carving:


So excited to carve pumpkins!

Our pumpkins


Yay for carving!

Brady with his pumpkin



Rascal with his pumpkin. He was thrilled. I must have taken 20 pictures trying to get him to stay still and this was the best one.


Brian with his pumpkin


Me and my pumpkin


Brian's finished pumpkin on our step. Great way to meet the neighbors.


Well, we did it again. We said we wouldn't, but Rascal really wanted to give it another shot. We entered another dog costume contest, this time at Petsmart. Rascal decided to be a Jersey Shore dog. We tried to spike up his hair (it didn't really stay) and he wore a muscle shirt with a swimsuit, and wore a chain that said GTL on it (for those who are familiar with the show). Well they didn't get it, and Rascal didn't even place in the top 3. A cat got 2nd and a stupid clown dog got 1st. I swear we are cursed, like the Twins. Oh well, it was worth the try!


Waiting nervously for the results. Did I win Mom?

Brady was even a matching Jersey Shore baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs