Today I'm linking up with Kristin from Kristin's kNook for another installment of Stuff and Things.
1. The weather here is crazy. I've never lived in a place with such weird weather. It can go from blue skies in the morning to crazy, crazy thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. It's so hard to choose an outfit or plan outdoor activities for the evening because I swear it changes 3x a day.
2. Our neighborhood is awesome. Yesterday was our neighborhood's last Wednesday weekly concerts. It's been so much fun to walk a block to the gathering area and here live music every Wednesday with our neighbors. The last band was Pegasus, an Air Force band which obviously, Brady dug.
3. I signed up for another 10k. It's on my 30 before 30 list and I knew I just had to commit or I would never keep running. A friend and I are doing the Rock n Roll Denver Marathon Series (we're just doing the 10k) in October. I have exactly 9 weeks to train for it which I think is a pretty decent time!
This was my first run on Tuesday. 5 min walk, 20 min steady run, 5 min walk. It was brutal. I think mainly because I had to keep starting and stopping while Brady was riding his bike and I was pushing Layla in the stroller. Today's run was a lot better. I think I'm finally getting used to the altitude although the first mile I'm usually huffing and puffing still.
4. We get so very few pools days here so when we have one you better believe we're at the pool enjoying it. I know it'll be winter before I know it...wahhh!!
5. I love that Layla's hair is long enough for a ponytail now. Even though she resists all attempts for me to do her hair I put it up whenever I can!
6. A little Throwback Thursday
What a difference 2 years makes!