No, you're not seeing this wrong, it really is me posting 2 days in a row. Shocking, right?! I have a lot of random things and since it's not Thursday and time for Stuff and Things, I will just write a bulleted babbling post for your enjoyment...
- Life has been busy lately. So, so busy. We've had a record number of visitors this month and it's not slowing down anytime soon. My dear friend from Omaha is coming this weekend and I couldn't be more excited to see her and catch up (and have wine nights!). The weekend after that Brian's grandparents are coming to visit! And then we go to Nebraska and then Minnesota for a wedding. The weekend after that is my 10k. The following weekend my besties from Minnesota are visiting and the following weekend Brian's parents are coming! Whew!
- I'm still training for my 10k. I did an almost 5 mile run last week and I somehow tweaked my ankle. Nothing is more frustrating to me than training for a race, committing to the time and dedication it takes to train, only to get hurt. SO frustrating! So I took a week off icing and resting my bum ankle and finally ran this morning. I've been following a training program and today was a 25 minute steady jog. It was brutal. My ankle still doesn't feel 100% yet but it does feel a lot better so there is that. I'd been running for 45-50 minutes straight no problems and this little 25 minute run wore me out. It's crazy how fast you can "lose it if you don't use it."
At least it was a pretty sunrise view against the mountains!
- And although life has been crazy with visitors, training for a 10k, preschool, key spouse stuff for the squadron, and just being a mama and wife, I've been itching for more. Call me crazy. I love staying at home with my babies and wouldn't trade it for any job in the world. But I haven't worked in over 4 years and I just have this itch to make some of my own money for frivolous spending (hello Target!), vacations (hello all of the places in Colorado I want to see and the California vacation I want to take!), and to put some in the savings account (hello not fun but needs to be done). The other day I posted on our neighborhood's website (it's called NextDoor and it's pretty neat) if anyone knew of any stay at home opportunities. I didn't want a scam, I didn't want a telemarketing job. I was interested to see what people would say back. A lot of them suggested starting a daycare. I mean nice idea and practical, but I love my children and they are MORE than enough for me. I got a ton of people suggesting I sell everything under the sun including acne medication, bedazzled shirts, bags, everything. But one thing tipped my interest. A sweet girl messaged me about doTERRA. I've been really interested in essential oils and didn't know anyone who sold but was wanting to try them. I know that cold/flu/stomach bug season is just around the corner and I swear we're in the doctor's office pretty constantly during those months probably exposing ourselves to who knows what. I knew that I would love to try some natural home remedies first before having to first call up the doctor. So I met with her and was intrigued at all of the benefits essential oils have for everyone, even babies. She gave me a couple samples and I was pretty blown away. I had a horrible headache and instead of popping the usual ibuprofen, I rubbed some peppermint oil on my temples and lo and behold after a little while, my headache was gone. I'll be getting my kit in the next couple of days and can't wait to try all of the oils. So needless to say, although I said I would NEVER do direct sales, I'm starting a venture with doTERRA. I figure worse case scenario is I paid for my oils and that's it. I am not a salesperson, I am not going to jam doTERRA down your throats but I am about educating people on the different options out there. So if you're interested at all, in the oils or possibly selling doTERRA, message me, email me! I'm learning more and more each day about it and it's pretty interesting stuff. And if you're feeling really motivated, here's my website.
- And because that's not enough, I started making some wreaths too. I just had the crafting bug the past couple weeks and have made some wreaths for some ladies in Colorado Springs via a Facebook group. Nothing fancy and I'm not charging much for them, it's just been a fun little venture.
One of the simple wreaths I made for a family.
- This week could also be titled 'shoe week' in this house because we got more shoes. I ordered some Toms off of Zulily when they had that awesome sale the other week and they came already!
Layla and her new sparkly Toms. I told her to pose and this is what she gave me. Work it, girl. Work that blank stare.
And my new, first pair of Toms! Happy early birthday to me! :)
So that's what's been going on! I may keep doing this 'wake up early and run and be productive' thing. I've gotten a lot done and it's only 8 and the kids aren't even awake yet! Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)