Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Our weekend and some other things

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Like always, the weekend flew by and here we are at Monday again.  We had a pretty low key weekend again.

  • Friday night we ventured out and ate at a sit down restaurant. With the kids. Which was big for us. It was only Old Chicago but with the little ones we tend to only go to places like Panera, Chick-Fil-A, Qdoba, quick places where if kids are acting up we can quickly scoot out.


But it went great! It helped we had a huge booth in the corner with windows. The kids were entertained and we were there for almost an hour and a half!

And there was dessert so you know Layla was happy.

  • My weight loss journey is going alright! After 2 weeks I've lost 3.8 pounds so far and out of 10 people I'm in 4th place. So not too bad but I know I could be doing better. I've been doing great exercise-wise. This weekend a friend and I even braved the cold, bundled up, and took an hour and a half walk through our neighborhoods. My problem right now is my diet. This cold weather makes me just want comfort foods. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.  I need to get on track!!
  • We celebrated Rascal's birthday this weekend too. With cake.  Perfect for my diet.


I don't know who was more excited Rascal, the kids, or me.  Like I said on Instagram, any excuse for cake.

Brady helping blow out his candles.

I swear we don't feed her cake every day. 

  • In other exciting news, there is a chance we could be moving.  Brian applied for a job at the AF Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He'd be teaching students to fly gliders or introducing them to flight in a tiny prop plane. I've always wanted to live in Colorado after visiting him at the Academy and it'd really be nice to not have deployments for a little while but I go back and forth about wanting to move. We seriously love Omaha and we love all of our friends here so it'd be really hard to leave. I know that whatever is meant to happen for us, will. God is in control and I need to sit back and enjoy the ride. We should know for sure hopefully this week. Ahhh it's going to be a long week!
  • Brady and I went on a date to Hobby Lobby this weekend. I asked Brady what he wanted to do Saturday afternoon and he said, "Mommy, I want to go on a date to Hobby Lobby with you." Brady's future wife: you're welcome.
  • Brian and I started watching Downton Abbey a couple weeks ago and we're hooked. We just finished season 2 last night and we're itching to get all caught up to this season (season 4).  Brian's leaving next week to do a busy relay (just for a week) so I may go into withdrawal from not watching it! I never thought I'd like that show but we both are so into it, it's kinda funny! 
  • Otherwise this weekend we just hung around the house, watched movies, tried to stay warm from the crazy weather we're having, and relaxed!
Hope that everyone has a great week! :)

5 comments:

Janelle Cook said...

Your weekend sounds good! LOVE Old Chicago! :) And that's so exciting that you guys could move out to CO! I love it out here and don't want to leave!

Becky Dougherty said...

OMG! OMG! I LOVE Downton Abbey!! It's awesome that you BOTH like it, too. :)

It's so sweet that Brady picked to go on a Hobby Lobby date with you. Completely adorable!

Looking forward to hearing the news about your move!

Jenn said...

Exciting stuff, Rachel!! I love that you celebrated with chocolate cake for the dog. ;) Kindred spirits!! We took the kids to Old Chicago once too. It went better than I anticipated, although I will admit that I was on edge most of the time, just bracing myself for the inevitable meltdowns. While there were none (can you believe it?), I'm still not itching to take them out to eat anywhere anytime soon. ;)

Shannon said...

Oh Brady! My little Taylor loves Yobby Yobby. Match made in heaven??

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Trenton and Brady would be best buds. Trenton likes going with me to craft/fabric stores too.

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs