Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Truthful Tuesday

Some things you've always wanted to know..and the majority you probably did not.

  • I get really excited every day to get the mail. It's weird and I know that. But I hear that mail truck and I get a little flutter of excitment, like a mini dose of Christmas morning.  And if it's a bad mail day (aka no mail, all bills, or stupid mail no one wants to read) it makes me a little sad!  I'm so glad the postal service didn't suspend mail service on Saturday's. That would just be too long for me to not get mail! :)
  • When I was growing up I dreamed of being a lot of things. A teacher, a professional tennis player, a newscaster, and then in college, a marriage therapist.  Now I am a Mom and it's the hardest/most rewarding job I could have ever chosen.  I still have no clue what I want to do when this season of life is over but I really hope I find something I love doing.
  • I have major anxiety over going to the doctor. Like, horrible anxiety. And it's not rational at all either.  So when I was high risk with gestational diabetes and pregnancy induced hypertension at the end of my pregnancy with Layla and going to the doctor at least 3 times a week, it was horrible for me. Giving birth wasn't exactly fun for me either but at least I had this perfect tiny bundle in my arms each time. I don't like even taking my kids to the doctor or my dog to the vet. Any type of medical environment just makes my heart start to pound. I can cross nurse/doctor off my list of occupations I will never pursue.
  • I hate building or putting anything together. My mind has about 0% engineering ability in it. Luckily my husband has an engineering degree and can make up for my lack of ability in that area.
  • My "love language" from Gary Chapman's 5 Love Languages is "gifts". At first when I realized that I thought to myself, ugh that sounds so shallow! But the more I read about it, the more truth I saw in it for me.  It's not the material part of the gifts that matters to me, it's the thought of the gift that makes me feel loved. And I absolutely love taking the time to think of gifts for my friends and family, that's how I show love to others.  And the gift doesn't always have to be something material, but could even be the gift of time or help that someone gives me or I give them.  I highly recommend if you haven't figured out your love language, to do so! It's very interesting!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh - I love the 5 Love Languages. I think I got physical touch. And I thought it meant I was all "ooh la la bow chicka bow", but it turned out to be pretty accurate. A hug after work means the world to me. <3

Janelle Cook said...

I have the same love language, and it drives Dan crazy! His is acts of service or something like that, so he's always doing things for me that I couldn't care less about... and then I give him all kinds of homemade lovey-dovey gifts that he pretends to love but really couldn't care less about.... haha! I wish we had the same love language - it would make things easier! :-P

Sarah said...

You don't know how happy and excited it makes me to have discovered someone who loves mail as much as I do. Bad mail days are the most depressing. If you ever go through a particularly bad mail stretch, send me your address and I'll help a sister out. ;)

Becky Dougherty said...

I'm a tie between quality time and physical touch. It's amazing how accurate the love languages are. I really love getting mail, too! Maybe that's why I like swaps so much! :)

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

I'm quality time, but gifts is a close second. I think they go hand in hand. Book me a vacation as a gift! ;-)

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs