Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Our Weekend: Leaf Edition

Since it was Veteran's Day I thought I would skip my normal weekend post yesterday and do it today (whew, right?! I know you were just checking this like crazy to see what we did this weekend.)  We actually didn't have much planned this past weekend which was great because I feel like all we do is go, go, go and sometimes it's just nice to go at our own pace and relax a little. But did we just do nothing? Ha, yeah right.
Brady BADLY needed a haircut so Saturday morning we went in for a little trim.  This is his "maybe sneaking that Hershey kiss before bed was a bad choice because then I'd be up talking to myself until 11 at night and then be woken up at 7 am by my sister and now I have to get a haircut" look.  

Well she went a little shorter than I was anticipating and it kind of ended up like a buzz cut. 

Oh well....

what are you gonna do?

It was a beautiful morning out and Brady had been begging to play in the leaves so I raked a pile up for them to jump in. I'd been putting off raking the yard and I knew it was going to be getting colder out so I had a couple options. 1. Pretend the leaves don't exist. 2. Just rake the darn yard myself or 3. Call a service and pay a bajillion dollars for them to remove the leaves. 

Well I went a little out of my comfort zone and picked option number 2. I figured I have 2 helpers, I can do this, right? 
These "helpers" needed a lunch break about 5 minutes into raking. And then proceeded to watch me as I worked. 


Layla came and helped though, sandwich in hand

Get that sandwich, girl

Sandwich still in hand

I thought it'd be fun to change her outfit and try and get some cute fall pictures of her. Ha! Miss Attitude, I Am Toddler-Hear Me Roar wasn't feelin it.

And then a second after crying her eyes out, she was thrilled.

And running around


This hair picture is for you, Daddy. The lady mullet lives on.


And it was all fun and games

Until it wasn't

All in all, I bagged up 13 bags of leaves, am still sore, and vow to never do that again on my own. I vote for option number 1 next time.

Saturday night we had a deployed family event at the squadron full of pizza, cookie decorating, conversation, and sugar high craziness.

Like brother, like sister watching Cars on the big screen. Not pictured: the 2 hours of crazy cookie sugar high running around-ness.  We decided to maybe skip out on the cookie decorating next time around. 


This weekend we also read some books,

got some fro-yo,

ate makeup brushes,

and completed my fall wreath with my friend! :)

All in all, a good(ish) weekend! Another one down! :)

7 comments:

Janelle Cook said...

Your fall wreath is super cute!! Looks like a fun fall weekend! :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Layla's outfit is to die for. What is it with toddler girl clothes being cuter than ours??

Jenn said...

Omg, firstly, Brady's hair, although shorter than you were expecting, is still stinkin' cute. Little man! And secondly, Layla's lady mullet is cracking me up. I'm so glad they helped you rake. What good children. I'm sure they were cheering for you while they ate lunch on the sidelines. I once raked the yard while Steve was deployed and I literally just threw the leaves over the fence (but not into someone else's yard, I'm not THAT horrible). Bagging leaves after raking is like punishment on top of punishment. But now you can freely drink that wine/eat that chocolate because raking burns mucho calories. ;)

Shannon said...

I just love kids and leaves photos! These don't disappoint.

And your fall wreaths were adorable. I love the simplicity of them. It really shows off the colors!!!!!!

Traci@TheHallway said...

At least Brady still looks so darn adorable! And 'I am toddler, hear me roar" hahahaha!!!!!! Love it!! And way to go on the leaves, that looks like a lot of work... I'm worn out too! ;) Hope you guys are having a great week!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Brady's haircut is cute! He looks so grown up! And Layla's leather jacket is just too much! Isn't it so fun dressing little girls?

AiringMyLaundry said...

I so hate raking leaves. That looks like an awesome deployment program.

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs