Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Keeping Up with the Ross's

I wish I had something more interesting to post but since we've all been so busy lately...I'll just post quickly what we're all up to:



Brian:
He's been working like a crazy man lately.  He's been putting a lot of 12/13 hour workdays in at the squadron and flying a ton too to prepare for his upcoming deployment.  And then when he comes home he's either doing stuff with us, working on the deck or another house project, working on his masters, or trying to catch up on sleep. I married a hard-working, wonderful man who never complains and I am thankful for that every single day.  He's hosting his brother's bachelor party this weekend in Mille Lacs so I'm glad he gets a weekend to have some fun and let loose!


Rachel:
I've been pretty busy as well. I'm doing the day to day business of taking care of the kiddos and the house. And this fall I'm now a squadron key spouse and a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) table leader so I've been really busy planning events, attending meetings, and attending socials.  It's been great to have some "me" time and feel like I'm using some of my skills again. And I feel like a better Mom too now that I'm not with them 24/7.   I'm also still training for my 10k that is in 10 days (yikes!!). I'm looking forward to the weather getting cooler so that I'm not always sweating buckets after I run!  We're going with to MN too but we're staying in the cities and having a girls weekend with Gramma (my mom), Nana (Brian's mom), Aunt Cat (Brian's sister), and some of my girlfriends while the guys head up to Mille Lacs to celebrate Danny and his last few days of being single.


Brady:
He just absolutely loves preschool. He asks every day if he gets to go and I'm so happy that he enjoys it.  I would say he's about 90% potty trained now too.  He finally figured out the whole poop situation (THANK GOD!) and his only obstacle is staying dry at night 100% of the time.  He's just turned into such a big boy and is my little helper, especially with Layla.  We're still working on attitude issues (especially if he's tired or hungry) but overall he's been a really good boy lately and seriously says some of the funniest things (future post).

Layla:
Oh, little Miss!  Layla had her 15 month check-up yesterday and she's still right on her 60% percentile curve for height and weight (31 inches and 22.4 lbs).  The only bummer was that she has yet another ear infection. So she's 4/4 on colds and ear infections.  If she has 2 more in the next 4 months we'll be talking tubes and I just pray that doesn't happen while Brian is deployed but am fully preparing myself for that.  And she has a nice little stomach bug that has caused some lovely diaper rash.  Nothing but fun times here! :)  

Rascal
I'm sure some of you were like what, they have a dog?! I know, I never post about my first baby. He kind of ended up being the low man on the totem pole, sorry bud!  Rascal's doing well. Still got the diabetes but he's just truckin right along! He still enjoys watching the bunnies play in his backyard, playing ball, barking at anything and everything, and sleeping as much as possible. The life of a dog, eh?!

So that's what we're up to.  Leaving bright and early (like 5:30 am early) for Minnesota tomorrow. Hopefully the 6 hour drive goes smoothly!  Have a good weekend everyone! :)

2 comments:

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

holy man, you are one busy busy lady!
-wHiT

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Hope you had a great weekend away! Yall are so busy. How long will brian be gone for?

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs