Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Busy Thomas/Brewery/BBQ/Mountain Kind of Weekend

Obviously our busy weekend did me in because it's Wednesday and I'm just posting about it.  Oh well, such is life.  

Friday morning was cold. Sooo very cold. The house was 58 degrees when I woke up. But I refused to turn on the heat so we cuddled up in sweats, near the fireplace, and drank hot cocoa.

That evening I did another run. And it was a sweltering 39 degrees out. Definitely my coldest run and it took my breath away how cold it was! But my race is late October so chances are pretty good it will be this cold! Brrr I'm so not ready for winter yet!!


 Brady's godmother, Laura, knows how much both kids like Thomas the Train and loved our Day Out with Thomas we did in Alabama, so for both of their birthdays she bought them tickets to the Day Out with Thomas in Golden, Colorado.
 We got up bright and early and headed up to Golden. Brady was super, super excited!

Layla's got the attitude of a 15 year old (and not a morning person) but she was excited too.

It was beautiful! Golden is a town just outside of Denver nestled against the mountains and it's a pretty neat town.





Oh my gosh it's Thomas, it's Thomas!! Seeing how excited all of the kids there were to see Thomas just cracked me up.  Brian wishes he had invented Thomas. We'd be wealthy, wealthy people.


And no Thomas ride is complete without a petting zoo. Things that make you say hmmmmm.


The kids had a great time! Thomas, you did it again!

Aaaand if you know anything about Colorado...you know that Golden, Colorado is not also the home to a railroad museum...but also Coors Brewery!

We weren't going to stop but the line was pretty short....so it was probably a sign we should just stop....right?


The tour is now self-guided which was PERFECT for taking a tired 4 and 2 year old through. 


They got to have their first ever root beers

And we got to have some fresh brews...at 10:30 in the morning...yay for being good parents!

Coors coolest gangsters.


Saturday night we hosted bbq at our house. We opened it up to Brian's whole squadron and we had about 26 people come!  It was our first big bash at our house and it was a lot of fun! Doesn't hurt that it was a beautiful fall day too!
That's the only picture I got during the bbq

We also brought out the fire pit and had a good old fashioned fire.


And because our weekend wasn't busy enough already, Brian and our friend Bobby (who we know from high school that lives near Denver) got up at 3 am, drove to Buena Vista, and hiked a 14'er (a mountain taller than 14,000 ft).  Needless to say, he was exhausted Sunday afternoon and night!

Sunday night we had a Miss America party at a friends house. We basically just wore our pjs, ate yummy food, and watched the Miss America pageant. 

So that was our weekend! It was busy busy but so much fun! Looks like our next couple weekends are going to be every bit of busy too but I wouldn't change it for a thing!

3 comments:

Janelle Cook said...

I don't think I ever got used to the weather changing as much as it did out there! Glad you enjoyed Golden... it's such a fun little town! :)

Jen said...

I love running in the cold it's awesome haha.

Shannon said...

I wish I had invented Thomas too. That cheeky blue engine is GOLD.

Root beers at a brewery...You did good, mom! :)

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs