Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blogging Jinx and some other random things

Quite the title, huh?  This will be a very random post, but you know what? Sometimes random posts are just what you need.

  • Do you ever feel like there's such a thing as blogging jinx? Like when you say your kids are sleeping/eating/behaving really well and then like the second you post it they start doing the complete opposite?  Yeah so my sweet Brady post?  Kind of been a stinker since then. I know he's getting anxious about all of the future changes and misses home (Omaha) but come on, bud! 4 is supposed to be awesome and so far it's been anything but that. Buuuttt it's only been 5 days, so I guess I'll give it some time.
  • Speaking of blogging jinxes, remember my post complaining about the fact that there were no houses in Colorado to rent? Well literally hours after I posted that, I found a house, called, scheduled a showing for our friends there to go check it out, and after a couple days it was ours!  Things are finally starting to come together with this whole move and we're really, really excited about this new house! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to decorate it all! :)
Check out the mountain view from one of the bedrooms....can't wait!!

  • One of my bestest friends from kindergarten is flying in tomorrow to Atlanta.  I am beyond excited. I'm taking the kids to the Georgia Aquarium before her flight and then after Brian gets home from school Friday we're hitting the road and heading to a resort down in Destin. JUST US GIRLS!!!! Did I say that I'm beyond excited? Oh because I am. I'm  feeling the mommy guilt already but I think it's time. I haven't left them for more than a night and I think that after 4 years it's time to take a weekend for myself. It'll be Brian's first weekend alone with the kids but I know they'll all do great.
  • Brian still doesn't have his official orders yet (should be coming this week) for our PCS and we called TMO (the people who move us) and they said they now need 5 weeks notice. Soooo we may just be moving ourselves. Not stressful at all.
  • This little lady is going to be 2 in 2 weeks. Where has the time gone? And I am so not ready for another round of the 2's already. Please tell me we're in the worst of it now, ok little one?

  • We only have 2.5 weeks left here in Alabama. It's flown by. I think it's because we've stayed so busy and made a point to go see so many things. We've seriously had so much more fun here than I expected.  After we get back to Omaha we have 6 days left in our old house, then go on to temporary housing for a week, throw in throwing a big birthday party for both of the kids, then off to Minnesota for 2 weeks for our 10 year reunion, a wedding several birthdays, and then it's off to our new home in Colorado! As I've been telling the kids, pretty soon we're going to have a magnificent adventure!  AKA hold on tight, it's going to be a wild ride! :)





10 comments:

Semper Ag said...

What a GORGEOUS view! So happy for your little "blogging jinx" and finding a house! That's a huge weight off of PCS'ing!

Traci@TheHallway said...

Goodness gracious there is a lot coming up for you guys! But I totally hear ya because in a coupld of months we will be in a world wind ourselves with so many changes and transitions! LOVE LOVE that room with that view!!!!! Such great news on finding a home!! And have fun on your girls weekend! You TOTALLY deserve it!!!

Shannon said...

If this blogging jinx is a fact, we should all blog about the opposite that we want to happen. Deal? :)

Janelle Cook said...

Oooh, where will you be living in Colorado Springs??? That looks like a super nice view from the windows! :)

Jen said...

Yay for seeing old friends!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

That alabama trip was quick!! I hope the movers can still pack and move you so you don't have to worry about it.

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Love that view! Is it from the master? In our house here, the kids have a view of the ocean, and Jarrod and I have a view of the street in front of our house.... Good for you going on a girls weekend! Have fun!

Jenn said...

Hot damn y'all are some busy folks! So glad you're going to get a girls weekend. That will be AMAZING. And poor Brian will get a tiny dose of the other end of a deployment. ;) lol

The views from your new place look great! Can't wait for you to do a home tour. :)

Sarah said...

Love a room with a view! Our room has a view of our backyard and our neighbors pool. It's just so beautiful. #not ;)

The Chick Nest said...

Congrats on the new house in CO! I can't wait to hear all about it and see more pics! SUPER exciting! :) YAY!

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs