In honor of a very special day today (my half birthday, of course) I am sharing with you my 30 things to do before I'm 30 list. I've been seeing these floating around the blogisphere and since I have a ton of things I want to do, I decided to compile a list and aim to have them done before I'm 30. Since today I'm 28 and a half, I have exactly a year and a half to do these things! Soo nothing too extremely crazy or fancy but here it is!!
30 BEFORE 30!
1. Visit Destin, FL and swim in the ocean there. We're driving there next weekend (I've always wanted to visit there!) so weather-permitting, this will be do-able!
2. Go to Yellowstone National Park This won't be too terribly far away from us in Colorado!
3. Take a girls weekend. No husbands, no kids.
4. Run another 10k or possibly a half marathon??
5. Read 100 books
6. Take a vacation alone with Brian (grandparents, want the babies for a weekend, week, month???!)
7. Go to the East Coast I've never been past Ohio and would love to see some of what the East coast has to offer!
8. Leave a 100% tip for excellent service. I was a server and know how much a great tip can brighten your day!
9. Go to a hot springs. Again something I've always wanted to do and we'll be a lot closer to them in Colorado.
10. Pay for someone's coffee in line behind me. Always wanted to do this as well!
11. Take a photography class. Also known as learn how to actually use my camera.
12. Run 50 miles in one month.
13. Plant vegetables in a garden and don't kill them.
14. Pick 1 month and don't go out to eat at all. Also known as cook at home every meal for 1 whole month. This will be a struggle.
15. Make a green smoothie. I think my kids would love these so I need to just do it already.
16. Go to an outdoor concert.
17. Go the 4 corners (Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona). Also another thing I've always wanted to do.
18. Go antiquing.
19. Give sushi another try.
20. Try skiing in Colorado again. This time I'll start out on the bunny hills and not be dragged straight to a blue mountain.
21. Make something with a sewing machine.
22. Drive from northern California to southern California. Guess we need to save up for all of these trips I want to take!
23. Go to a wine and painting place. I am the opposite of artistic but it's something I've wanted to try!
24. Do a pay it forward week with the kids. Nothing crazy but really teach them the meaning of giving without receiving something in return.
25. Have a garage sale.
26. Join a tennis league or play in a tennis tournament. Tennis was my thing pretty much when I was 5 until I graduated high school. I'd love to get playing again.
27. Have my makeup done professionally one time.
28. Take a family trip somewhere with as much family as possible.
29. Cook a turkey.
30. Get a real Christmas tree.
So there ya have it! We'll see if I can actually get all 30 things done in a year and a half. Mostly the traveling, Brian may freak a little! ;) I can't wait to start getting things crossed off of my list!