Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Truthful Tuesday

May the truth set you free....


1. I have the blackest thumb this side of the Mississippi. No I'm serious, it's that bad. I was nervous to have children because I couldn't (and still can't) remember to water a stinkin plant once a day.  So I got this beautiful mum for my birthday from Brian and it's still kind of alive (I use that term loosely) after almost 3 weeks.  My theory is if it just cried and told me it needed to be watered it'd probably be in good condition. But let's be honest...we don't need another thing that cries or whines in this house.

2. I have zero piercings and zero tattoos. Yep, I'm as boring as they come. I had my ears pierced for the first time my senior year of high school because I wanted to wear earrings for my senior prom.  I kept the holes open until our wedding (5 years later) and then let them close up after that because my ears are so sensitive and would get infected often.  I have no plans of getting them re-pierced or getting any tattoos anytime in the near future. Maybe I'll hit a wild streak in my 30's or 40's though??

3. Someone tried to steal a child at a park yesterday in our neighboring city and it's freaking me out a little. A lady asked to hold this woman's child, she said no, so this lady grabbed the child on the slide and ran away. Luckily the mother caught her, gave her a good punch in the face, and ran to the car with her child.  And I guess this wasn't the first time it happened, this lady has done this before and still hasn't been caught. We live in such a safe area that I never really have been paranoid about safety at the park (in that aspect) but now I'm going to be watching my kids like a hawk. And you better believe we will not be playing at the park in that city. So scary! :(

4.  I used to sleep walk as a child and I'll be honest, sometimes as an adult too. I remember so many times as a child waking up in other parts of the house wondering how I got there or waking up as my parents were trying to figure out what I was doing. In college the first night in my new dorm room I woke up under my new roommate's bed and had thrown her shoes everywhere (and no, alcohol was not involved!).  Needless to say I left an unusual first impression that we still laugh about today! It usually happens when I don't get enough sleep but sometimes it still randomly happens. And I think I passed it down to Brady. It's only happened twice but both times have been in the last 2 weeks. The first time it was late at night and I was typing an email to Brian. I heard a noise and saw Brady in the hallway and he kept saying he had a problem in his pants. I brought him to the bathroom and he was just not there. I pulled his pants down because I thought he had to go potty but then he said "MOMMY! NO TOUCHING!", ran back to his room, and was zonked out instantly.  The other time was 2 nights ago. I was in my room, again typing an email to Brian, and I heard noise in the hallway. I went out there  and he was just standing there in the dark hallway. It was beyond creepy. I tried talking to him and again, he was just not there. So I put him in his bed and again, instantly out.  So this could be a fun little venture. Now I know why it used to freak my parents out so bad!

Happy Tuesday! :)


4 comments:

Traci@TheHallway said...

So scary about the park... WOW. And the whole sleep walking thing would totally freak me out, hahaha! I'm a scaredy pants anways. Steven says I talk in my sleep and do weird stuff (and it has all been post baby... maybe something with my hormones?) and he said it is super creepy. hahaha! Hope you are having a fabulous tuesday!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

My husband is a sleep walker too and I am just waiting for the boys to get it! I have no tatoos but had my ears pierced 7 times at one point (although I just wear one now, but never leave home without earrings on!)

Jenn said...

Omg the sleep walking thing would creep. me. out. Also, I waited until 16 to pierce my ears. I sometimes wear pearl studs (faaaaake) but mostly they bother me so I wouldn't be surprised if mine close up one day soon.

Becky Dougherty said...

I used to sleep walk as a kid, too! My mom said I would walk around the house turning on lamps and stuff. Weird.

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs