Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Yep, Another 4th of July recap


Can't believe another 4th of July has come and gone!  It really snuck up on us this year but luckily in Colorado Springs there were no shortage of fun things for us to do.  We started out the morning at the Monument 4th of July parade along with 20,000 of our best friends.  Traffic was RIDICULOUS!

 I feel like there is so much going on in the background of this picture. My favorite, the clouds. Or maybe the lady judging us.  Yay for parades and children ignoring the camera!

I mean why would you look at the camera when there's a fairy being pulled by miniature horses? 

We're definitely not in the Midwest anymore. Horses everywhere. And so many men scooping up horse poop.


I mean it'd be a miracle if we could take a nice picture.


Dad of the Year. After 2 hours in the sun watching one of the most interesting parades I've ever seen (there were people riding elephants! And camels!) we made our trek back to the car and back home for naps.

After naps we went to a bbq at a friends house. 

And there was a double rainbow!

The love they have for each other just radiates in this picture.

I decided, enough pictures of the kids, it's our turn.  Brady was willing to play photographer. Such a beautiful shot of the 2 of us.

And the 4 of us!

We pulled out the nice camera for some good shots of us. I love Layla's face in these pictures.

She cracks me up.

After the bbq we headed to Memorial Park in Colorado Springs for some fireworks.  We wanted to avoid another huge traffic jam so we parked a little ways away and still had a good view of the fireworks. And we accidentally sat outside of a strip mall with a marijuana shop. So there was that. Only in Colorado.

The next morning it was beautiful out so we decided to take a hike around Fox Run Recreation Area.

We made it up about 20 feet before it was "WE NEED A SNACK! AND WATER!" time. Hiking is so, so fun with small children.


I swear they think we go places to eat snacks.


Take my picture. By a tree.

It really was a beautiful, peaceful trail. Especially when the kids were far, far ahead of us.


There were some pretty great views as well.

I will never get sick of taking pictures of Pike's Peak. Never. 



CHEESSSSEEEE!



Later that night we hit up the neighborhood playground.

And tried our best to wear the kids out as much as possible (a daily goal).

The time I didn't capture we were doing more cleaning/organizing/unpacking (it never ends).  All in all it was a pretty great weekend!  And good news is I finally found my camera cord so you know what that means!! More pictures to share....YAY!

Oh, and if you have time, please Vote for me!! for top military blog!  You can do so by clicking the little heart near our picture. I'm #40! Thank you!! :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

What a great weekend! These pictures are awesome. :)

Traci@TheHallway said...

What a perfect weekend! Looks like you guys had a great 4th!!

Shannon said...

Every time I think I want to comment about one of your pictures, you crack me up with another great picture.

But the winner this time is the picture "clearly demonstrating their love for each other." You are a funny funny girl!

Becky Dougherty said...

Glad you had a great weekend! There are so many cute pictures here! Layla's getting better at pictures! Haha :)

The Chick Nest said...

You are always the queen of finding fun stuff to do - no matter where you are at! Looks like a great weekend! :)

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs