Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

One Week Left


This week has seriously flown by and it's crazy that we only have 1 more week until we leave for Alabama!  We've been working like crazy to get the house ready. I would sit down at the computer this week to knock out a post but pretty much the second I'd sit down I'd be reminded of something that needed to be done and a post never got finished.  I'm thinking once we get to Alabama I'll have a lot more time to blog!  Other than getting the house ready we've had some pretty marvelous weather and we've been trying to get out and about doing some of our favorite Omaha things.
Brady's on spring break this week from preschool so we have spent lots of time at the park.

And we grilled out.

I bought a ton of wine for the trip since there's no Trader Joes there! Wahh!!  Let's just hope I make it to Alabama without drinking all of the bottles! Mostly joking.

More playing outside. Gotta love the much-needed sunshine!

We went to the zoo this week with friends and had a fun picnic while watching the sea otters.

Not going to lie, I got a little teary eyed leaving the zoo knowing we won't be back until the kids are much older. Our membership expires in April and for the first time in 3 years, we won't be renewing it. It's such a wonderful zoo and I'm so going to miss taking the kids to it.


I had one of my last friends monthly dinners last night. Luckily I'll be back for the May one but that'll be my last one. :(  Best part of the dinner: cotton candy after you pay your bill! Genius!

I took the kids for a hike at Fontenelle Forest this morning for probably one of our last hikes there.  They were so cute wanting to hold hands. But don't be fooled, the second we got in the car it was, "She hit me! Layla screamed in my ear!" All of that fun business.

Brady cracks me up with his posing and his winking in pictures. He's a silly guy.


I also got to take pictures for the latest homecoming. It was so fun to be on the other side of it and to watch all of the emotions around me.

Really, there's nothing sweeter than a military homecoming. So happy for everyone that returned!!

Aaand finally we've done mounds of packing and cleaning and have lots left to do. It's crazy how much crap you collect in 4 years. The big task this weekend is moving all of our big furniture into storage.  We're having the house staged and she's bringing in some furniture to make the house look all modern and nice-like. You mean my spit-upped on couch and my chairs with fingerprints all over them won't sell this house?  We're also painting this weekend too.  Although I'm not excited for the long drive next week I'm  excited to have all of the packing/cleaning done and pull away knowing the house is ready to be put on the market! 

 Have a relaxing weekend for me!! :)



9 comments:

Jen said...

It is really amazing at how fast time flies!

Janelle Cook said...

Enjoy your last week in Omaha!!

Alejandra said...

Trader Joes wine is my favorite! I only get to drink it when we visit home, because we haven't lived any where that has a Joes. Good luck with the move!!

Semper Ag said...

No Trader Joes?!?! Seriously...my FAVORITE wine is "2 buck chuck". I would die.

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

We are stocking up on our California wines before we move this summer. Priorities!

Becky Dougherty said...

Such a busy time! Good luck with the move! :)

Marley Marie said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I'm not sure if you've ever lived in Alabama but I lived there before my husband and I got stationed in England and loved it! It's great if you love outdoors and warm weather (which I do)! Good luck witth your move, can't wait to follow along!
-Marley
http://www.afandlove.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

I think Birmingham might (?) have a TJ's. Maybe. Not too far from Montgomery, and there is good shopping there. :) I am getting teary just reading about all of your "lasts" in Nebraska. Excited for your new adventures, but sad you have to leave behind such a great area and friends. And Lord Jesus, I'm praying about your road trip.

Shannon said...

Good luck with the move!

I love the "dual grills" and the winking pictures too, btw! :)

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs