Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Lovin

I honestly think that the hardest part of blogging for me is thinking of a stupid title! I can never think of a witty, appropriate one to post. Oh well! The past few weeks have flown by!

We were blessed to have some visitors recently and Brady had a great time playing with everyone. Brian's Aunt Judy came to visit and brought along two of her past foreign exchange students Flo and Marika, and also two family friends from the Navajos Mallory and Cole. We had a great time with them and was glad that Brady was able to meet them all, especially his Great Aunt Judy! The next day, my friends Laura and Alex came to visit. We had a blast together and the weekend went by way too fast. I got to show them around Omaha a little bit and just a great time hanging out! Brady has developed quite a crush on Alex and loved staring at her and always wanted her to hold him. I think the age difference is a little much, but you can't get in the way of love! :)

Brian is having his checkride as we speak. Matter of fact, I can hear him flying patterns over our house right now!! I baked a bunch of muffins, cookies, and cupcakes to butter up his instructor that's grading him, so hopefully all goes well! Brian also found out his survival dates and will be gone from Sept 2-Sept 26. Most likely Brady, Rascal, and I will be in Minnesota for a couple weeks starting Labor Day weekend. We will miss him a lot but are excited to spend some quality time with both grandparents and hopefully enjoy some cooler weather!

This summer has been killer so far. We have had a heat index of 100+ the past 6 days and it has been miserable. I don't even want to see our energy bill! We haven't been able to go on any walks or do anything outside because the moment you get out, you start sweating. I thought I wasn't in Mississippi anymore, but the summer here has been just about as hot and humid as it was down there. I am ready for fall and to be outdoors a lot!!

We are getting Brady baptized this weekend up in Minnesota and are so excited to see family and friends and to celebrate Brady's first sacrament. I will post pictures when we get back! Here are some recent pictures, sorry that they're out of order!


Brian got me a blanket for our anniversary that was a picture of our family and one night when I came to bed, he scared the crap out of me with it!

Brady loves standing up and playing with Mommy and Daddy

Brady in his new walker that he likes sitting in. Can't walk with it yet, but he loves to be upright so he can see everything so this works out well, plus it rolls!


Our corn in the backyard



Picked our first corn from our house! :) Brian is so proud!


Sleeping after a long day



Love these girls! Alex, myself, and Laura




Brady hanging out with his girlfriend


Brady with Great Aunt Judy



Chubby Bumbo man!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs