Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Our Weekend + A New Look!


Hope everyone had a great weekend! First of all, I have to thank Jane from Poppiness Designs for the new look around here. She was absolutely great to work with. She did everything I asked and did it all within a week (not to mention she got back to me within hours every time!). Hope you like the new look and go check Jane out, she does great work!

We had a pretty good weekend around here! We had a case of the crankies (cough, cough, Layla) but otherwise it was a fun time!

Friday morning I took the kids to the zoo.

It may have only been 19 degrees out but we'd had enough of being cooped up inside

so we ventured to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and saw the fishies

and then penguins

and the monkeys too of course!

Can you tell we've been cooped up for awhile? 

We couldn't leave because Layla didn't get to say goodbye to the monkeys (heaven forbid) so we walked back to the indoor monkey part and these monkeys were are huddled together and just staring at Layla! It made her day. I think they were just terrified of her.

Brian's been working a ton lately so he didn't get home until after dinnertime Friday night. But we were a little desperate to get out of the house so we headed to Target because honestly, what's more fun than Target on a Friday night?

Saturday morning we went to a friend's birthday party. Brian had to work until 2 so we had yummy food and cake without him. (Ok we're not all mean, we did bring him some food home).

My friend seriously makes the coolest cakes!

Saturday afternoon I went to the gym with a friend, and then had a pretty low key evening and home. Brian and I binged on some Downton Abbey so we're closer on getting caught up with the current season. We also ordered in and had a nice dinner together after the kids went to bed.

Sunday morning the kids got up way too early. "Are you awake yet, Daddy?!"

Since Brian has been gone a lot lately he graciously offered to take the kids out for the morning on Sunday and I spent a blissful 3 hours at the house alone (well, Rascal was here). I spent my time cutting coupons, making "things to do before moving" lists, enjoying some coffee (and the silence), going through and sorting the kids toys, and starting on getting rid of the clutter so we can put our house on the market. And gosh, we have SO MUCH STUFF!! 

Sunday afternoon I went to the gym, did a Zumba class, and pulled something in my back. So to reward myself I ate all of this great food at the Superbowl party.

Including these adorable cookies my friend Annie made. We have so many friends that are from Colorado and are huge Bronco's fans so needless to say they were not pleased! We did have fun though and left stuffed.

Brian's gone this week so naturally we're going to get a snowstorm, I can barely walk thanks to my back, and the kids are continuing to be crabby, unhappy beings. But such is life!  Have a great week! :)

7 comments:

Janelle Cook said...

Your new layout on here is SO cute! I love it! :)

Becky Dougherty said...

You guys always have such busy weekends! :)

I LOVE your new blog design! Jane is just amazing! I love her (and her work)!

Jen said...

What a fun weekend! :) I love the pictures.

Jenn said...

Love the new design!!! And man oh man I hope your back feels better soon! I just went to the gym for the first time in..... *crickets*.... well, I really think God might be the only one who knows when I last visited a place with workout equipment. Suffice it to say, I am slightly scared that I won't be able to lift a certain child out of her crib tomorrow morning.

Shannon said...

Love the new layout! I think we need to get to the zoo even in these frigid temps. There are enough indoor exhibits that it would probably be worth it. Great idea!

Traci@TheHallway said...

Looks like a great weekend! And love the new look!

The Chick Nest said...

The new design is ADORABLE! :) Thanks for sharing pics from B's party!

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs