Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

February?

February, already? Feels like not long ago I was writing out my calendar for August. I feel like I'm still sorta on a vacation hangover. Take me back! I need beaches and warm sunshine! Brady didn't have preschool last week (conferences) so I still feel like we're trying to get back on a schedule. But enough whining, here are some things that are going on here: 

1. Rascal turned 9.  And we of course had cake. Which Rascal had absolutely none of, contrary to the way it looks in the picture. But he did get some new toys and we tried to spoil him as much as possible. He's been living with diabetes for over 2 years now and I have to say I wasn't always sure he'd make it this far. I remember on his diagnosis day thinking diabetes was a death sentence but with daily shots of insulin he's been truckin along! And still growling and barking daily at the UPS man, post man, and garbage men!


2. I've never lived in a place with weather like this. We had snow and freezing rain one day and then the next day it was 70 degrees. It is bizarre but I'm loving our mild winter so far! 


3. No big Superbowl parties for us this year. Brian went to a work party (that was adults only) and I was happy to stay at home, order pizza, and play with the kiddos. I've never really been into the Superbowl, especially when it's two teams I don't really care about, and this year was no exception. The halftime show was on right before bathtime so I let Brady and Layla watch a little of it. They were in awe. Probably because Katy Perry's performance had blow up animals. 

4. Oh yeah, we got fish. Brian had a brilliant (and random) idea the other week to get the kids some fish and they were allowed to name them. Fully expecting the names Fish and Fishy they surprised us with the names JoJo and Nemo (ok,  not super original but she's only 2!).  I am pleased to say that they are both still alive and doing swimmingly (gag).  

5. Aaaaaand if I'm already not crazy enough, I decided it'd be a good idea to sign up for a HALF MARATHON. That's like 13 whole miles. Have I even walked 13 miles? I don't know? My race is in Denver (it goes through the zoo!) on May 17th and I'm running with a dear friend from Omaha and a dear friend from here. I am nervous. I ran a mile here the other day and man that altitude gets to you, fast.  I keep telling myself that I never thought I could run a 5k and then a 10k but I did. So half marathon, here I come!!

Have a great week! ;)

4 comments:

Janelle Cook said...

I miss Colorado Springs winters... it's brutal here in Ohio this year! Also - good luck on your half! You'll be great!! :) I know several people who ran that one last year and loved it. :)

Jen said...

I am so excited for your half marathon, you are going to do amazing!

Traci@TheHallway said...

Hahaha, the fish!! I was pleasantly surprised I kept buoy alive as long as I did (1 month, maybe 2? I ca't remember!)

Shannon said...

Half marathon? You are crazy. In an awesome way.

Our fish, bubbles, recently passed away after only 13 months. I surprisingly cried.

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs