Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mommy Time

For the last 16 months being a good mommy and a good wife have been my absolute #1 priority. Sometimes though, mommies need a break! I have a great group of friends here, some are moms and some are not, and we can just get together, let loose, and have a break from our crazy lives. One day we had a complete girls day complete of a vineyard and wine tasting, shopping, dinner, dancing, and a hotel! We had a blast. I missed my hubby and my baby like crazy, but it was a good break and I definitely recharged my mommy battery! Here are some pictures from my mommy's day:



The Soaring Wings Vineyard just southwest of Omaha





Some of the ladies doing some wine tasting


Looking out over the vineyard



Fantastic afternoon with lovely ladies!



Alma, Pearlie, and I before going out for the night



My friend Pearlie put me up to a challenge: try a triathlon. Now I'm going to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of swimming, biking, or running so what did I do? Signed up for my first triathlon. What it made me realize: Yeah, I still don't like swimming, running, or biking and I'm pretty out of shape but I can do whatever I put my mind to! Here's pictures from my 1st triathlon:




Doing the lovely lake swim. The lake that says no swimming signs all around it. The lake that smells like feces and has tons of seaweed. Yep that little dot in the lake is me!



After the lake jumping on our bikes



The furthest biker on the left, that's me!



Liz and I after completing the run. We did it!!! Don't we look thrilled?! :)





Brady was not impressed.




The mamas with their babies after the triathlon




Brian and I (it was a little sunny!)




I had to add these. Brian was the only one with a sign, it gave me a good laugh when all I wanted to do was throw up!



Haha it says run hard (stick drawing), (stick drawing) swim fast, run quickly (stick figure). Gotta love him! :)






Even though being a good mom and wife is still my #1, it's nice to be able to go out and do some things for myself every once in awhile and I'm so blessed to have a husband that supports that! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs